Appel à candidatures : Exposition virtuelle sur les chaînes de froid durables (en français)
Appel à candidatures pour les technologies et approches durables de la chaîne du froid.
The Ozone Secretariat and the OzonAction Programme of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) are organising the Sustainable Cold Chain Virtual Exhibition. The exhibition is the result of a collaboration with Italy, FAO, Cool Coalition for participation in the United Nations Food Systems Summit and as part of UNEP’s clearinghouse mandate as an Implementing Agency of the Multilateral Fund of the Montreal Protocol.
The exhibition aime to highlight the role of sustainable cold chains in food systems and to promote the Rome Declaration on the Contribution of the Montreal Protocol to Food Loss Reduction through Sustainable Cold Chain Development.
Industries and organisations are invited to submit nominations for sustainable cold chain technologies and approaches to be featured in the virtual exhibition and we request for your kind assistance to distribute the call for nominations attached. The criteria for the technologies to be showcased are:
- does not use or contain any ozone-depleting substances controlled by the Montreal Protocol, i.e., uses substances with zero ozone-depletion potential (ODP);
- utilizes refrigerants that have low global-warming potential (GWP) value;
- has design and operational features that enhance energy efficiency in a significant manner;
- is commercially available and economically feasible; and
- is applied in one of the targeted cold chain applications identified for this exhibition.
The exhibition will be launched to the public on the occasion of the World Ozone Day on 16 September, but some technologies can already presented on the website before this date.
The exhibition website can be accessed here.