Carrières dans le froid « CaRe »
Objectives of the working group
- to reverse the predicted shortage of engineers, particularly in the refrigeration field;
- to make the importance of the refrigeration industry more visible to the general public and particularly to the young generation;
- to contribute to the creation of employment for young generation including women in refrigeration;
- to identify problems and obstacles that stop the young generation to aspire and envisage a career in refrigeration ;
- to develop and put forward an international and national strategic plans to promote refrigeration career to the young generation including women;
- to develop synergy and co-ordination between the different stakeholders in the refrigeration field;
- to provide the necessary recommendations to attract more young people including women to a refrigeration career, considering the social, economic, technical and environmental aspects of the different countries.
Working group team
Vice-presidents:Judith EVANS, Michael KAUFFELD, Maria Gratiela TARLEA
Dr. Ina Colombo
Dr-Ing. Yosr Allouche
The IIR CaRe – Careers in Refrigeration, the European Partnership for Energy and the Environment (EPEE) and Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences organized a virtual networking event on the 8th December 2020.
The virtual event has held during the Gustav Lorentzen conference on natural refrigerants and allowed international students to meet leading representatives from industry, academia and international organisations. The experts included leading academics from universities in the US, Canada, Japan and Europe and experts from three international organisations: UNEP, IIR and EPEE. Leaders from the industry such as Bitzer, Danfoss and Johnson Controls also shared their personal and professional experiences of working in the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pumps sector.
How to join this working group?
Anyone interested in those issues is invited to become a member of the IIR. Members of the working group are expected to be either private members or representatives of corporate members of the IIR. For more information, you can write to: email@example.com.