Étude numérique et expérimentale sur un condenseur à surface appliquée à des réfrigérateurs domestiques.

A numerical and experimental study on skin condensers applied to household refrigerators.

Numéro : pap. 2060

Auteurs : COLOMBO E. G., ESPÍNDOLA R., KNABBEN F. T., et al.


In this study a numerical and experimental investigation on the performance of a skin condenser applied to a specific household refrigerator was carried out. To this end, a mathematical model which takes into account the heat transfer to both the environment and the refrigerated compartments was developed. The model uses as input data the internal and external air temperatures, refrigerant mass flow rate, pressure and temperature at the heat exchanger inlet and the condenser geometry to predict the condenser performance. Steady-state energy consumption tests – compressor running continuously with electric heaters being used to create artificial thermal load – were carried out under different operating conditions with the product inside a climate-controlled chamber. Tests were carried out at ambient temperatures of 25°C and 32°C, fresh-food compartment temperatures of 5°C and 10°C, freezer compartment temperatures of -20°C and -15°C and compressor speeds of 3000 rpm and 4500 rpm. Thermograms of the outer steel sheet temperature fields were recorded during the experiments. The model predictions were compared to a set of in-house experimental data with deviations within a ±2% error band. It was found that, on average, 68% of the condenser heat released rate is transferred to the environment while the remaining 32% is transferred to the refrigerated compartments. It was also found that the thermal conductivity of the tape used to attach the tubes plays an important role in determining the heat transfer rate, and the placement of the tubes in the region of the freezer walls should be avoided.

Documents disponibles

Format PDF

Pages : 10


  • Prix public

    20 €

  • Prix membre*

    15 €

* meilleur tarif applicable selon le type d'adhésion (voir le détail des avantages des adhésions individuelles et collectives)


  • Titre original : A numerical and experimental study on skin condensers applied to household refrigerators.
  • Identifiant de la fiche : 30018887
  • Langues : Anglais
  • Source : 2016 Purdue Conferences. 16th International Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Conference at Purdue.
  • Date d'édition : 11/07/2016


Voir d'autres communications du même compte rendu (274)
Voir le compte rendu de la conférence