WhatGas, une application pour smartphone qui répertorie les fluides frigorigènes (en anglais)
OzonAction, a branch of the United nations Environment Programme (UNEP), recently launched an application for smartphones entitled WhatGas. It is a tool for identifying refrigerant gases, including ozone depleting substances (ODS), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and other alternatives. The app will be useful for stakeholders such as customs officers and Montreal Protocol national ozone officers, but also for refrigeration and air conditioning engineers.
The app allows the user to search via a variety of methods:
By entering partial information or browsing the database, the application provides quick reference information on many aspects of the chemical in question, including:
- the chemical name and formula
- type of chemical, common trade names
- various chemical and commodity identifiers (CAS numbers, ASHRAE designations, HS codes, UN numbers, etc)
- flammability or other hazards
- the ozone depleting and global warming potentials
The app includes both pure substances and mixtures (blends).
The WhatGas app is available for free from Google Play and the Apple Store.