Call for abstracts: IIR Compressors Conference 2020
Call for abstracts
IIR Conference on Compressors and Refrigerants invites delegates to submit abstracts
Set to celebrate its 10th anniversary edition in the series, the IIR next Conference on Compressors and Refrigerants has launched a call for abstracts.
This international conference, to be held on September 2-4, 2020 in Bratislava, Slovakia, aims to be the year’s leading platform for specialised knowledge in the field of compressors.
Attracting on average 200 participants, experts and students will join the 10th IIR Conference on Compressors and Refrigerants from all corners of the globe to take stock of the latest results in science, research and manufacturing in the field.
History of compressors in Slovakia
- 1954 Calex a.s. began manufacturing its low-velocity hermetic compressors.
- 1968 A new generation of bi-polar compressors developed at the Calex a.s. plant was produced, placing the company among the first European firms in such manufacture.
- 1970 The end of the 1970s saw an attempt to develop a home variation of shaft compressors.
- 1992 A compressor licence was purchased from Samsung Electronics, which allowed the production of five types of compressors with a cooling performance from 70 up to 162 W.
- 1998 Embraco Slovakia began producing a new line of higher performance compressor for industrial and commercial cooling.
- 2002 The Calex a.s. factory was bought by Danfoss Compressors, and new era of compressors production began.
- 2010 The Slovakian based company Secop took over the production of Danfoss Compressors.
In recent years, a space has been created for discussions among specialists from research, development and industry in the areas of alternative refrigerants, their blends, and the use of pure hydrocarbons, further changing perceptions as regards the evaluation of compressors on the principle of the TEWI factor.
Submit an abstract
Organised jointly by IIR Commissions B2 and B1, with E1 and E2, the 10th IIR Conference on Compressors and Refrigerants will cover:
- Compressors and refrigeration technologies
- Inspections and diagnostics
- Compressors, refrigerants and oils.
Interested delegates are invited to submit contributions online by December 10, 2019.
To submit an abstract, visit https://szchkt.org/a/conf/event_dates/49?locale=en_GB
Watch the video highlights from the IIR Compressors Conference 2017