International Dictionary of Refrigeration
The International Dictionary of Refrigeration is the result of the work of nearly 200 experts, all members of the IIR network from approximately 30 countries on all the continents.
Since 2020 and the updating of the definition of 5 crucial terms in the International Dictionary of Refrigeration, all professionals in the field of low-temperature technologies are called and strongly recommended to comply stricly with the 5 internationally established definitions, endorsed by the International Institute of Refrigeration and the ASHRAE for the following words: cooling, refrigeration, chilling, freezing, and cold chain.
The Dictionary includes
- more than 4,300 terms in English and in French, including 800 synonyms
- about 3,500 definitions in English and in French
- translations in 11 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian and Spanish
- a total of approximately 43,800 terms and their synonyms.
These terms and definitions are relevant to all domains in the refrigeration field
- Fundamentals (thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer...)
- Refrigeration production (refrigeration systems, refrigerants...)
- Refrigerating equipment
- Cooling, chilling and freezing methods
- Storage, transport and distribution
- Refrigeration of perishables products and food industry
- Air Conditioning
- Heat pumps
- The environment