Focus on Commission B1 : Leading the way in thermodynamics and transfer processes
Coordinated by the IIR Science and Technology Council and chaired by Carlos Infante Ferreira, Commission B1 is extremely active across the entire structure of the IIR including in Working Groups (WG), sub-commissions, conferences, co-sponsored conferences and commission meetings.
The objectives of Commission B1 on Thermodynamics and Transfer Processes are to provide academic and industrial information and data, and to propose any solutions on thermodynamics and transfer processes.
Initiatives and opportunities, such as the phase-down of high-GWP refrigerants, energy-efficient buildings and cars, transport refrigeration, food preservation, the economic importance of the refrigeration sector, the involvement of the younger generation and identifying industrial needs are all at the heart of Commission B1.
A Commission actively involved
Commission B1 actively participates in IIR conferences and congresses and similarly organises workshops in the field.
This year alone, Commission B1 is involved in the following IIR conferences and co-sponsored conferences:
- 11th Phase-change Materials and Slurries for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (PCM2016), 18-20 May 2016, Karlsruhe, Germany
- 12th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Refrigerants (GL2016), 21-24 August 2016, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
IIR co-sponsored conferences
- 8th Ibero-American Congress of Refrigeration Science and Technology (CYTEF2016), 3-6 May 2016, Coimbra, Portugal
- International Conferences at Purdue, 11-14 July 2016, West Lafayette, IN, United States
- Pôle Cristal Symposium - 9th edition, 18 October 2016, Dinan, France
- International Congress on Energy and the Environment 2016, 26-28 October 2016, Opatija, Croatia
Details on these and all upcoming IIR conferences and IIR co-sponsored conferences.
IIR Working Groups and Commission B1
IIR Working Groups operate on a temporary basis to bring together specialists in order to work on projects arising from current issues.
Their aim is to promote development, provide knowledge and give recommendations in these spheres.
Commission B1 is involved in IIR Working Groups on Refrigerant System Safety systems (chaired by Lennart Rolfsmann) and on Life Cycle Climate Performance (LCCP) Evaluation (chaired by Yunho Hwang).
Want to know more or join a Working Group? Get all the information: IIR Working Groups
Your Expertise Directory
Remember, the Expertise Directory enables IIR members to communicate with members of IIR commissions, giving the opportunity to connect with experts worldwide from every field of refrigeration.
As an IIR member, this directory enables you to find experts according to:
- domain: over 140 refrigeration fields within 11 overarching themes
- commission: 10 IIR commissions
- country: IIR experts located in 43 countries.
With access to over 400 experts, this directory provides you with a comprehensive list of select professionals active in a wide range of refrigeration domains.
Find your Commission experts
Want to become junior commission member?
The delegate of any paid-up IIR country member can put your name forward to become a junior commission member in addition to their country commission member quota, provided:
- you are an IIR junior member
- you are 35 years old or under.
For more details contact us at email@example.com