IIR Informatory Notes on refrigerants designed to meet the needs of decision-makers
How will the re-evaluation of refrigerants at an international level affect you?
For two years now the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) has been drafting a great deal of Informatory Notes about refrigerants.
In view of their impact on global warming in the event of leakage into the atmosphere, fluorinated refrigerants are being gradually reconsidered in a number of countries and commitments in terms of emission phase-down should soon be undertaken on an international level.
“We felt it was important to draft a collection of Notes on the most appropriate actions to take in this field, designed to meet the needs of decision-makers in order to be better prepared for the upcoming deadlines,” Didier Coulomb (Director General of the IIR).
IIR Informatory Notes on refrigerants
View our latest Informatory Notes on refrigerants:
- Risk Inherent in the Use of Counterfeit Refrigerants (November 2012)
- Containment of Refrigerants within Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems (January 2014)
- Refrigerant Charge Reduction in Refrigerating Systems (May 2014)
- Overview of Regulations Restricting HFC Use, Focus on the EU F-Gas Regulation (January 2015)
- Qualification and Certification of Refrigeration Technicians (September 2015)
You can now access these Informatory Notes on the IIR website, as well as a large number of various documents on refrigerants.
View all our Informatory Notes
A new Informatory Note on Current long-term alternative refrigerants and their possible applications will soon be published.
A multitude of Information resources
- “HFCs: What’s New?” subsection, in “News and Files” section;
- Tens of thousands of articles gathered in the Fridoc database, naturally including articles published in the International Journal of Refrigeration;
- Guides on CO2 and ammonia as refrigerants are also available in our online bookshop among a large number of other publications.
Join us and become an IIR member to receive the latest information certified by our expert network and help us define the future policies on a domestic and international level.
Remember, by attending a single conference as a Private Member you will receive a return on your investment on your annual membership fees.
Furthermore, specific membership conditions are offered to our younger members; find out more about the “Cool Offer” for the under 30 years or visit iifiir.org > membership to become a member today!