The IIR launches the best student paper competition at ICR 2023
Open to students up to Master’s level (plus one year) from engineering schools, universities or any other comparable higher education institution, the submitted work may focus on any technical area covered by the programme of ICR 2023. Students undertaking a PhD could also apply.
On the occasion of the 26th International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR 2023) on August 21-25, 2023, in Paris (France), for which the call for abstracts has been launched, the IIR is sponsoring a competition for the best student paper to be presented at this event.
The main target audience for this competition is undergraduate and graduate students from engineering schools, universities, or any other comparable higher education institution.
Several topics can be addressed, including those related to:
- Sustainability of the cold chain and food safety
- Energy efficiency of refrigeration and air conditioning systems [audit and control]
- Modelling and optimisation of supermarket systems
- Experimental evaluation of new generation working fluids
Only students from IIR member countries will be eligible to participate. Each country is entitled to present one candidate.
Important dates of the competition
There are three important dates to remember for any applicant wishing to participate in the competition:
June 29, 2022- Deadline for submission of abstracts
- February 1, 2023 - Deadline for submission of papers (if the abstract has been accepted)
- April 15, 2023 - Deadline for submission of the best student paper (if the paper has been accepted, the student may then apply to the competition).
Prizes awarded to the winners
For this competition dedicated to students active in the field of refrigeration, three winners may be selected, each receiving the following prizes:
- Free and full registration to the IIR Congress
- A prize of €500 (euros)
- A certificate from the IIR designating the student as the winner of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd award.
Our Call for Nominations...
- for the IIR Scientific Prizes at ICR 2023 ends
May 16, May 27 2022 ! Find out more