Developing new test procedures for domestic refrigerators: harmonisation issues and future R&D needs: a review.
Author(s) : BANSAL P. K.
Type of article: Article, IJR article
This article highlights the salient differences between various test standards for household refrigerators/freezers and identifies the main parameters that play important roles in the overall energy consumption of a refrigerating appliance. The paper also examines the merits and demerits of current test standards for refrigerator-freezers and proposes new guidelines that should be considered in order to improve them. There is a need to develop a new test procedure that harmonizes the basic features of various standards and is simple, repeatable and reproducible. Such a procedure should also represent realistic "real" world energy use, encourage product innovation, capture both software and hardware developments and facilitate 'free trade' in various economies. In order to achieve this, the article highlights areas where concerted efforts are required for carrying out the requisite research and development work.
- Original title: Developing new test procedures for domestic refrigerators: harmonisation issues and future R&D needs: a review.
- Record ID : 2004-1741
- Languages: English
- Source: International Journal of Refrigeration - Revue Internationale du Froid - vol. 26 - n. 7
- Publication date: 2003/11
See other articles in this issue (12)
See the source
Simulation von Haushaltskühlgeräten auf der Bas...
- Author(s) : DKV, HEIDELCK R., TIEDEMANN T., KRUSE H.
- Date : 1997/11/19
- Languages : German
- Source: DKV-Tagungsbericht 24. 1997, Hamburg.
Synopsis of residential refrigerator/freezer al...
- Author(s) : BASKIN E.
- Date : 1998
- Languages : English
- Source: ASHRAE Transactions. 1998 annual Meeting, Toronto, Ontario + CD-ROM.
Research on refrigeration performance indexes a...
- Author(s) : ZHANG Q., WANG G. Q., WENG W. R., et al.
- Date : 2002/03
- Languages : Chinese
- Source: Refrigeration - vol. 78 - n. 1
TEST STUDIES ON THE OPERATING CONDITIONS OF A S...
- Author(s) : DURSUNOV N. C.
- Date : 1982
- Languages : Russian
- Source: Geliotehnika - n. 4
EVALUATION OF THE REFRIGERATING CAPACITY OF DUA...
- Author(s) : EICHLER J., GAJOSINSKI S.
- Date : 1982
- Languages : Polish
- Source: Chlodnictwo - vol. 17 - n. 8