Now available: IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference Papers
Download your copy of the proceedings of the 14th Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Refrigerants. Over 120 technical papers are available!
Hosted by the Japanese Society of Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (JSRAE), the 14th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Refrigerants (GL 2020) took place online for the first time in history on December 7-9, 2020.
Due to the current worldwide pandemic, and in order to ensure the safety and comfort of all, the conference organisers, along with the IIR head office, made the decision to reorganise the format of this conference and hold it entirely online.
This did in no way, however, stop a wealth of authors submitting their much-appreciated papers to the conference that welcomed just under 200 participants.
Managed from Japan, the 3-day online conference offered a full programme of lively exchange and attracted over 120 quality papers, including five keynote presentations, organised three workshops, an online banquet and a virtual student networking event.
Over 120 quality papers
Comprised of over 120 papers, the conference proceedings cover themes including natural working fluids, sustainability and alternative cycles, commercial and supermarket refrigeration, innovative CO2, R290 (propane) and R717 (ammonia) systems, energy efficiency and energy savings, and safety and risk.
The keynote papers
- Aeon decarbonization vision 2050 - Aiming to expand the use of natural refrigerants | Kahori Miyake (Aeon)
- Fluorocarbons management and promoting natural refrigerants in Japan | Yurie Osawa (Government of Japan)
- Directions for development of vapor compression systems with CO2, R290, and R717 in the next decade | Professor Pega Hrnjak (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)
- Japanʼs policies of fluorocarbon management | Takashi Shimokyoda (Government of Japan)
- Use of natural refrigerants in industrial refrigeration and heat pump applications | Kazuhiro Hattori (Mayekawa MFG)
Recordings of the conference sessions will be available shortly.
The IIR would like to thank the Japanese Society of Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers for organising this conference, and all those who participated in making GL 2020 a success!
Save the date for GL 2022
15th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Refrigerants
June 2022 | Trondheim, Norway
To be organised by NTNU-SINTEF