World Refrigeration Day 2020
The annual World Refrigeration Day aims to raise awareness among the wider public about the importance of refrigeration technologies in everyday life. Organised under the slogan “Cold Chain 4 Life”, WRD 2020 is recognised and supported by leading refrigeration associations, organisations, governments and companies across the globe.
Take a look at some of the useful documents published solely by the IIR or in collaboration with UNEP OzonAction, EPEE, FAO, in celebration of the day.
See also the main events scheduled all around the world.
Take a look at some of the useful documents published by, or in collaboration with UNEP OzonAction, EPEE, FAO, in celebration of the day.
- 6th IIR Informatory Note on Refrigeration and food: The Role of Refrigeration in Worldwide Nutrition (2020)
The full version of this document is free for IIR members. The summary is available for all.
- 38th Note on Refrigeration Technologies: The Role of Refrigeration in the Global Economy (2019)
- Cold Chain Technoloy Briefs
This series of 5 briefs has been written by the United Nations Environment Program in parthersnip with the IIR. They are available in English, French and Spanish. They relate to the following topics: commercial, professional and domestic refrigeration, transport refrigeration, cold storage and refrigerated warehouse, refrigeration in food production and processing, fishing vessel application.
- Australian Institute of Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH) | online | June 26, 9.00am - 5.00pm
The AIRAH Virtual Industry Showcase will bring together HVAC&R companies, professionals and practitioners to explore the latest products and technologies in the industry. Find out more
- The University Institute of the Gulf of Guinea (IUG) | Douala | June 26, 10.00am - 6.00pm
The IUG will organise an interactive day of presentations, technical site visits, round table discussions and countless networking opportunities. Find out more
Democratic Republic of Congo
- Congolese Association of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Professionals (Acoprof) | Kinshasa | June 26, 10.00am – 4.00pm
Thanks to insights from the Presidency of the Republic, the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Industry, to name a few, the Acoprof will offer a dynamic day of debate, exchange and technical visits. Find out more
- Cemafroid-Tecnea Technical Days | Paris area | June 25-26, from 9.00am
Celebrate the 20-year anniversary of Cemafroid, and “Innovations in the cold chain and refrigeration for better environmental and economic performance”. Find out more
- UNEP | online | June 26, 3.00pm – 4.30pm
Join the UNEP OzonAction, ASHRAE, EPEE, GFCCC and IIR webinar dedicated to the “Cold Chain 4 Life”. The webinar aims to bring to the attention of public, policy-makers and end-users technology, food waste/loss, health, environment and energy considerations associated with the cold chain sectors. Find out more
- French Association of Refrigeration (AFF) | online | June 26, 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Get to know the AFF, its mission and its future projects a little better during this webinar, and have the chance to win a free subscription to the AFF refrigeration journal, Revue générale du froid et du conditionnement d'air (RGF). Find out more
France - Reunion
- French Association of Refrigeration (AFF) | Reunion | June 26, 2.00pm – 6.00pm
The AFF will set up its "Indian Ocean" regional committee and invites you to join, whilst respecting physical distancing, to a half-day meeting on the theme of "Refrigeration and energy savings in the departments of Reunion and Mayotte". Find out more
- Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) | online | June 26, 11.00am and 4.00pm
Join the ISHRAE Bangalore Chapter for two online sessions throughout the day on Energy Management for Cold Storage and on the Sustainable Cold Chain. Find out more
- Centro Studi Galileo | online | June 26, 2.30pm - 6.00pm
Join the webinar on “The Latest Technologies in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration at the time of post Covid-19.” The event will cover issues relating to installations and sanitation, sanitisation, equipment, refrigerant recovery and recycling, training and licensing. Find out more
- ItaliAfrica Business Webinar | online | June 27, 4pm - 6pm
Gain insight on how to encourage successful collaborative Italian-African projects. Find out more
- National Association of Distributors of Refrigeration and Air conditioning (ANDIRA) | June 26
Be part of the story! ANDIRA will create a video to highlight the essential role of all key stakeholders in the refrigeration industry. Find out more
- Online Conference on “Refrigeration technologies in the food industry as a key to preserve the quality of foodstuffs”.
- Open day of companies specialising in low temperatures organised by Russian companies GELIYMASH, REFCOOL, together with the Russian National Committee, and ROSSOYZKHOLODPROM.
- Student competition on “Refrigeration in the eyes of a student” organised by Moscow Polytechnic University.
- Seminar on “Modern technologies of refrigeration and use” organised by the Association of climate industry companies (APIK, Moscow).
- Quizzes for pupils and university students: 1. “Where is the logic? Cold mind” 2. “Cold mind. Hot hearts” 3. Brain-ring “Cold. OK” (Moscow Polytechnic University).
- Publications: The Russian Research Institute for the Refrigeration Industry (VNIKHI) is preparing material on the “Cold chain for life” to be published.
- Airzone | online | June 26, all day
Follow a day in the life of a HVAC worker with HumansOfHVAC. Discover a compilation of stories of the people who dedicate their lives providing comfort and safety in building, and particularly in response to the COVID–19 crisis. Find out more
- Association of Refrigeration Companies and Technologies (AEFYT) | online | June 26, 11.00am – 1.15pm
Regrouping key national stakeholders, this Spanish Assocation (Asociacion De Empresas De Frio Y Sus Tecnologias) will organise an innovative day of insight and exchanges online in collaboration with AFAR (Association of Andalusian Refrigeration Manufacturers) and AFEC (Association of Weatherisation Equipment Manufacturers). Find out more
- National Ozone Unit of Tunisia | June 26
This Ozone unit, which represents the focal point of the Montreal Protocol of Tunisia, is organising a round table on the cold chain: State of play and prospects for the refrigeration sector in Tunisia in the context of the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol. Find out more | Agenda
Institute of Refrigeration (IOR)
Become a member of the IOR at a reduced rate and gain instant access to the its online resources. Find out more
NB: All events are indicated in local time