BETTED: a new IIR EU funded project
This project aims to promote the energy transition of the dairy value chain. The kick-off meeting is scheduled for March 11-12 in Brussels (Belgium).
The IIR is a project partner in the new “BETTED” project of the LIFE BUSINESS programme, which will officially start in February 2024 and run for 3 years. The kick-off meeting will be held on March 11-12 at the Fraunhofer office in Brussels (Belgium).
BETTED, Boosting Energy Transition of ThE Dairy value chain, aims to facilitate dairy supply chain SMEs to foster the market uptake of energy efficiency measures including the use of renewables and the deployment of heat; the project will also significantly contribute to reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
10 European partners from universities, industry, energy experts, intergovernmental organisations such as the IIR and under the leadership of the UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI BRESCIA will work together to achieve project goals by focusing on three main pillars:
- Create a capacity-building programme and a community dedicated to supporting the change in the energy culture of the organisations by improving their skills/knowledge/awareness/know-how on the role of sustainable value chains in promoting the energy transition for small but also for large companies.
- Implement tailored and easy-to-use tools engaging companies operating in the same value chain, in order to:
- foster market uptake of energy efficiency and sustainability measures.
- assess the multiple benefits achievable through collaborative approaches between large and small companies.
- Provide policy/regulatory recommendations aiming at speeding up energy transition.
To find out more on the current IIR projects, please visit: https://iifiir.org/en/iir-projects