Discover the new IIR Science and Technology Council
IIR statutory bodies meet: planning the future
The Science and Technology Council (STC), comprised of 5 sections divided into 10 commissions, coordinates the scientific and technical activities of the IIR.
IIR Congresses offer an opportunity for IIR statutory bodies to hold meetings during which officers and committee members are elected for the STC and the Management Committee.
Last year, the 24th International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR2015) reunited IIR’s statutory bodies: the General Conference, the Executive Committee, the Management Committee and the STC. During these meetings, amongst other things, a structural reorganisation and strategic plans for the future were approved.
Presidents, vice-presidents and members of these committees were elected, re-elected or reassigned.
With 8 newly elected presidents and vice-presidents, 3 reassignments and 5 reappointments, this new STC, mandated from 2015 to 2019, is set to bring forth fresh ideas and novel change.
Take a look at the changes to your STC
Newly elected: 8 individuals
- Ales Srnka (Czech Republic) as president of Commission A1 - Cryophysics, Cryoengineering
- Carlos Infante Ferreira (Netherlands) as president of Commission B1 - Thermodynamics & transfer processes
- Eckhard A. Groll (USA) as president of Commission B2 - Refrigerating equipment
- Noboru Motomura (Japan) as president of Commission C1 - Cryobiology, cryomedicine and health products
- Milan Houska (Czech Republic) as president of Commission C2 - Food science and engineering
- Kuniaki Kawamura (Japan) as president of Commission D1 - Refrigerated storage
- Xianting Li (China) as president of Commission E1 - Air conditioning
- Alberto Coronas (Spain) as president of Commission E2 - Heat pumps, energy recovery
Maintaining a key role: 8 individuals
- Piotr Domanski (USA) remains president of the STC
- Ralf Herzog (Germany) promoted to president of Section A - Cryogenics and liquefied gases
- YongTae Kang (South Korea) promoted to president of Section B - Thermodynamics, equipment and systems
- Jacques Guilpart (France) remains president of Section C - Biology and food technology
- Gérald Cavalier (France) remains president of Section D - Storage and transport
- Renato Lazzarin (Italy) promoted to president of Section E - Air conditioning, heat pumps, energy recovery
- Maciej Chorowski (Poland) remains president of Commission A2 - Liquefaction & separation of gases
- Richard Lawton (UK) remains president of Commission D2 - Refrigerated transport
Furthermore, Philippe Lebrun, former head of Section A, becomes president of the General Conference.
Find out all there is to know about the IIR Section and Commission leaders and activities.
We thank all those that have contributed and dedicated themselves to the STC over the last four years, particularly;
Hein Auracher, Weiding Long, Marija Todorovic, Giovanni Cortella, Michael Kauffeld, James Carson and Per Lundqvist.
Your New Expertise Directory
The IIR Expertise Directory has also been updated with the newly appointed commission members, vice-presidents and presidents.
Remember, the Expertise Directory enables IIR members to communicate with members of IIR commissions, giving the opportunity to connect with experts worldwide from every field of refrigeration.
As an IIR member, this directory enables you to find experts according to:
- domain: over 140 refrigeration fields within 11 overarching themes
- commission: 10 IIR commissions
- country: IIR experts located in more than 32 countries.
With access to approximately 400 experts this directory provides you with a comprehensive list of select professionals active in a wide range of refrigeration domains.
Find your new Commission experts
Want to become junior commission member?
The delegate of any paid-up IIR country member can put your name forward to become a junior commission member in addition to their country commission member quota, provided:
- you are an IIR junior member
- you are 35 years old or under.
For more details contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Science and Technology Council
The Science and Technology Council coordinates the scientific and technical activities of the IIR.
These activities are divided into 10 commissions which are organised into 5 sections.
The Science and Technology Council comprises a President, Dr Piotr Domanski, 6 Vice-Presidents (the 5 section Presidents and a Liaison Executive in relation to the next IIR congress) and the 10 commission Presidents.
The President of the General Conference, the President and the Vice-Presidents of the Executive Committee are invited to meetings of the Science and Technology Council in an advisory capacity.
The Director General of the IIR, Didier Coulomb, is automatically Secretary of the Science and Technology Council.