Fridoc: the most comprehensive refrigeration database in the world
Fridoc, the IIR refrigeration database
Fridoc, the most comprehensive refrigeration database in the world, has passed a symbolic milestone.
The refrigeration database now comprises over 100,000 documents selected from scientific and technical publications from across the globe in all refrigeration spheres, from cryogenics to air conditioning including refrigerating equipment, refrigerants, the food cold chain and heat pumps.
A practical international database
Fridoc contains documents written in 36 languages by over 80,000 authors from 93 countries.
Each bibliographical note comprises the full bibliographical references of the document, keywords, the fields covered, and in most cases an abstract.
You can download a large selection of the documents referenced in Fridoc directly online.
Don’t forget to login or register first!
If you are an IIR member you can download papers for free or at a discounted rate.
IIR members benefit from quotas of free downloads:
- up to 60 per year for private members
- up to 1,000 per year for corporate members.
Access the papers from the latest IIR conferences!
Fridoc database gives you access to all the articles from the International Journal of Refrigeration.
It also gives you access to all the papers from IIR conferences, congresses and IIR co-sponsored conferences very soon after the event took place.
Download papers from recent IIR events such as:
- 4th IIR International Conference on Sustainability and the Cold Chain (ICCC2016) in Auckland (New Zealand) on April 7-9, 2016 (64 papers)
- 11th IIR Conference on Phase-Change Materials and Slurries for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (PCM2016) in Karlsruhe (Germany) on May 18-20, 2016 (32 papers)
- 1st International IIR Conference on Cryogenics and Refrigeration Technology (ICCRT2016) in Bucharest (Romania) on June 22-25, 2016 (33 papers)
- 8th Ibero-American Congress of Refrigeration, Science and Technology (CYTEF2016) in Coimbra (Portugal), May 3-6 (133 papers)
Unable to attend a conference? Download the papers from any of the IIR conferences.
Publish your PhD thesis in Fridoc!
The IIR offers as a new service, referencing and making available in open access on its website, PhD theses dedicated to refrigeration.
Now, publication of dissertations in the Fridoc database can be initiated by the author or their supervisor, provided one of them is an IIR member.
Dissertations presented for a Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree may also be included provided the content is of broad interest and high quality.
More information on how to publish your PhD thesis in Fridoc.
Indexing IIR conference papers
Thanks to the indexation of papers in renowned scientific databases such as Scopus and Web of Science, the visibility of Fridoc and papers from IIR conferences and congresses will be enhanced.
Papers from IIR conferences and congresses can be searched via these databases and a permanent link (DOI) will direct readers to Fridoc where the paper can be downloaded.
Not an IIR member yet? Learn more about becoming an IIR member.