Highlights: 10th IIR Conference on Compressors and Refrigerants
Catch up on the best moments of the IIR Conference on Compressors 2021, which took place online on January 13, 2021: A key meeting place for specialists in compressor technology!
First held in 1995, delegates were able to participate in the 10th IIR Conference on Compressors from the comfort of their dwellings as the event took place online on January 13, 2021.
The 10th edition in the conference series welcomed as many as 220 delegates who together explored the latest developments in the field of compressor technology, with a particular focus on the future challenges of science and production in line with climate change.
Key highlights included:
- Three Aurel Stodola commemorative medals were presented.
- A new Conference President (Armin Hafner – Prof. at NTNU Trondheim) was elected.
- Several invited papers on hydrogen were presented.
- Prof. Peter Tomlein was praised for all of his hard work over the past quarter of a century as founder and recurrent organiser of this conference series.
- Six best papers recommended for the International Journal of Refrigeration (IJR).
The six best papers:
- Numerical Analysis of the Transient Compressible Fluid Flow in the Piston-Cylinder Clearance of an Oil-Free Linear Compressor - Cesar J. Deschamps et al.
- Modelling the Dynamics of Ring Plate Valves in Reciprocating Compressors Using Coupled CFD-FEM Simulations - Admund Ervik et al.
- Liquid Slugging in Reciprocating Compressor - Ján Bossányi et al.
- Evaluating of Refrigerants Using a Dynamic Reciprocating Compressor Model - Stephan Göbel et al.
- Characterization Methodology for Vapor Injection Scroll Compressors of Variable Speed - José Corberán Salvador et al.
- Compressor Muffler Design Considering Fluid-Structure Interaction - Paolo Martins et al.
Conference papers will be available in the IIR FRIDOC database shortly.
All sessions can be accessed via the conference website lobby:
Book of abstracts | Conference proceedings | Video sessions
View the official conference editorial.