IIR Activity Report
IIR actions clearly correspond to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, particularly the goals. In 2020, the IIR publishes for the first time its annual activity report according to these goals, in English and French.
The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) is the only independent and intergovernmental organisation that promotes the acquisition of knowledge about refrigeration and associated technologies that are necessary for life, in a science-based, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner. This includes:
- Food quality and safety of farm to consumer
- Comfort in residential and commercial buildings
- Health products and services
- Low temperature and liquefied gas technologies
- Energy efficiency
- Use of non-ozone depleting and low global warming refrigerants in a safe manner.
The IIR's action is clearly based on the United Nations' sustainable development goals (particularly the goals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 17). Since 2020, this is how its activity is presented.