Now freely accessible: The IIR International Dictionary of Refrigeration
Now freely accessible:
The International Dictionary of Refrigeration
A unique international tool
With this online tool, you can find definitions (in English and French) of scientific and technical terms, as well as identify terms in the language of your choice and find corresponding translations in the 10 other languages.
The dictionary provides term searches in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian and Spanish.
Now freely accessible online, the IIR International Dictionary of Refrigeration offers researchers, industrialist or administrations the practical resources required to produce content related to refrigeration technologies in multiple languages and has already been used by other international HVAC organisations to establish their own databases.
The dictionary in numbers :
- more than 4,300 terms in English and French, including 800 synonyms,
- around 3,500 definitions in English and French,
- approximately 7,800 terms, synonyms and definitions
- content in 11 languages.
This international tool is the result of the work of nearly 200 experts, members of the IIR network, from around 30 countries throughout the world.
Content which encompasses all areas of refrigeration
The dictionary’s content covers all areas of refrigeration such as:
- basic principles (thermodynamics, transfer of heat and mass …)
- production of refrigeration (refrigerated systems, refrigerants…)
- refrigerated installations
- methods of chilling, refrigeration and freezing
- storage, transport and distribution
- refrigeration applications for perishable products and the agro-food industry
- air conditioning
- heat pumps
www.iifiir.org > Information Resources > International Dictionary of Refrigeration.
Word of the Day!
Check in on our social media pages to find out what will be today’s “Word of the Day”!
Like us on Facebook @IIFIIR!
Follow us on Twitter @IIFIIR. Don’t forget to use the IIR hashtag #refrigeration.
Join us on LinkedIn via the IIR Refrigeration Group, which has over 5,300 members,
or the IIR Corporate page.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- What role does social media play in today’s refrigeration industry?
- Training and courses: Accessible opportunities online