The cooling floor has been developing rapidly in France for the past 10 years. The proof of these techniques, although old and born of several different procedures using metallic tubes in flagstone, depends on a number of tests proving the efficiency as well as the limits of the technology. The authors discuss recent tests developed in a laboratory in southern France. The paper includes the use of the synthetic tubes so widely used in Europe for heating (heating floor). The originality of this proposal is to present a prototype of the cooling technique. A classic room in a hospital complex connected to a cooling floor and to cooling air is set up in the prototype to show the thermal response of this system through specific requirements (outside and inside). The paper shows the validity of the system with the measurements in a real situation. The dynamic package thermal analysis software was chosen to simulate this cell.
- Original title: Surface cooling in hospitals: use of computer-aided design packages.
- Record ID : 1996-3681
- Languages: English
- Source: ASHRAE Transactions.
- Publication date: 1995/06/24
- Document available for consultation in the library of the IIR headquarters only.
See other articles from the proceedings (79)
See the conference proceedings
EOL : un logiciel de ventilation prévisionnelle...
- Author(s) : FONTAINE J. R., BRACONNIER R., RAPP R., AUBERTIN G.
- Date : 1996
- Languages : French
- Source: Cah. Notes doc. - n. 165
Radiant heating and cooling by embedded water-b...
- Author(s) : OLESEN B. W.
- Date : 2004/03/03
- Languages : English
- Source: Impianti, edifici, città: integrazione e nuove visioni di progetto e di gestione. 44e Convegno Internazionale AICARR [CD-ROM]./ HVAC&R systems, envelope and urban context: integration and new vision of design and operation. 44th International conference of AICARR [CD-ROM].
Data set for validating simulation tools for ra...
- Author(s) : SCHEATZLE D. G.
- Date : 2003
- Languages : English
- Source: ASHRAE Transactions. 2003 annual Meeting, Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Volume 109, part 2 + CD-ROM.
An evaluation study on HVAC systems combined wi...
- Author(s) : KOBAYASHI A., KOHRI K.
- Date : 2006/06
- Languages : Japanese
- Source: Transaction of the Society of Heating, Air-conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan - vol. 111
Design of air conditioning and ventilating syst...
- Author(s) : WANG Q., DI Y.
- Date : 2006/01
- Languages : Chinese
- Source: HV & AC - vol. 36 - n. 181
- Formats : PDF