An exergy analysis is developed for three reference refrigerating plants representative for a large number of plants commonly encountered in The Netherlands. The main goal is to identify the share of the compressor losses in the total losses of refrigerating plants and to come to quantification of acceptable isentropic efficiency levels. The role of the compressor exergy losses is negligible for applications where the running time is small and the isentropic efficiency of the compressor is larger than 60%. Applications with large running times require isentropic efficiencies of 70 to 80% to obtain acceptable compressor exergy losses.
- Original title: The role of compressors in industrial refrigerating plants: an exergy analysis.
- Record ID : 2000-1169
- Languages: English
- Source: 20th International Congress of Refrigeration: Refrigeration into the Third Millennium.
- Publication date: 1999/09/19
See other articles from the proceedings (447)
See the conference proceedings
Thermodynamique et énergétique. 1. De l'énergie...
- Author(s) : BOREL L., FAVRAT D.
- Date : 2005
- Languages : French
Introduction to the concept of exergy: for a be...
- Author(s) : VTT, SHUKUYA M., HAMMACHE A.
- Date : 2002/04/25
- Languages : English
The bases of entropy-statistical analysis of re...
- Author(s) : ARHAROV A. M., SYTCHEV V. V.
- Date : 2005
- Languages : Russian
- Source: Kholodilnaya Tekhnika - n. 12
Le nuove tecnologie riferite al risparmio energ...
- Author(s) : MATTAROLO L.
- Date : 1999/05
- Languages : Italian
- Source: Industria & Formazione - vol. 23 - n. 229
Fundamentals of exergy analysis.
- Author(s) : MATSUBARA Y.
- Date : 1994
- Languages : Japanese
- Source: Cryogenics/ Cryog. Eng. - vol. 29 - n. 5