Call for nominations now open for Scientific Prizes at IIR Congress 2023
Don’t miss out on your chance to apply for the prestigious academic and scientific awards to be presented at the upcoming 26th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration.
At each IIR Congress a series of prestigious academic and scientific awards are presented to acknowledge those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of refrigeration or have completed noteworthy research.
In 2023, the 26th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR) will take place in Paris, France on August 21-25, and will be organised by the French Association of Refrigeration (AFF) under the theme “Towards efficient, controlled and smart refrigeration”.
Call for nominations!
The IIR is launching a call for nominations for several scientific prizes to be presented at ICR 2023.
For the upcoming edition of the Congress, these awards will comprise the:
- IIR Gustav Lorentzen Medal
- IIR Science And Technology Medal
- IIR Young Researchers’ Awards:
- Clarence Birdseye Award (Food Science and Engineering)
- Sadi Carnot Award (Thermodynamics)
- Alexis Carrel Award (Cryobiology and Cryomedicine)
- Willis H. Carrier Award (Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps)
- James Harrison Award (Refrigerated Storage and Transport)
- James Joule Award (Systems and Equipment for Refrigeration)
- Peter Kapitza Award (Cryophysics)
- Carl von Linde Award (Cryogenic Engineering)
How to apply
For information on conditions and how to apply for these awards, please consult the following procedures:
The DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS is April 30, 2022.
The call for abstracts for ICR 2023 is now open! Submit an abstract.
For more information on the 26th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration, visit www.icr2023.org.
IIR members benefit from reduced registration fees to IIR conferences and congresses.
The reduction may cover the cost of a one year membership fee. Find out more.