A desiccant rotor and its applied system have a lot of potential to utilize waste thermal energy for refrigeration and air-conditioning demand. A recent cogeneration system supplies waste heat which temperature is around 60°C. It needs to develop a high efficiency rotor regenerated by such a low-grade thermal energy. The aim of the study is to evaluate the dehumidification performance of rotor having some different equilibrium adsorption characteristics using a dynamic rotor simulation. It was clarified that the dehumidification rate changes steeply with the regeneration temperature, and there was an optimized regeneration temperature reaching the maximum of the dehumidification efficiency. It was also examined that the optimum adsorption zone angle and rotor length was depended on the regeneration temperature. The influence of a hysteresis curve of adsorption characteristics and equivalent mass transfer coefficient on the rotor performance is not negligible.
- Original title: Performance estimation of a rotary dehumidifier with the influence of design and operation parameter.
- Record ID : 2007-2743
- Languages: English
- Source: ICR 2007. Refrigeration Creates the Future. Proceedings of the 22nd IIR International Congress of Refrigeration.
- Publication date: 2007/08/21
See other articles from the proceedings (839)
See the conference proceedings
Influences of cooling load and air change rate ...
- Author(s) : KODAMA A., OHKURA M.
- Date : 2007/10
- Languages : Japanese
- Source: Transaction of the Society of Heating, Air-conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan - n. 127
Le rafraîchissement solaire : les technologies ...
- Author(s) : HENNING H. M., WIEMKEN E.
- Date : 2004/10
- Languages : French
- Source: Chaud Froid Plomb. - n. 672
Energieeinsparungen durch sorptionsgestützte lu...
- Author(s) : HEINRICH J.
- Date : 1999
- Languages : German
Solar-assisted adsorptive desiccant cooling sys...
- Author(s) : OHKURA M., KODAMA A.
- Date : 2006
- Languages : Japanese
- Source: Transactions of the Japan Society of Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers - vol. 23 - n. 1
Parametric study of an energy efficient air con...
- Author(s) : KINSARA A. A., RABGHI O. M. al-, ELSAYED M. M.
- Date : 1998/05
- Languages : English
- Source: Applied Thermal Engineering - vol. 18 - n. 5