Working fluids for mechanical refrigeration.
Author(s) : CAVALLINI A.
During the last years industry has scrutinised and proposed a number of new synthesised products as immediate drop-in or long term replacements for fluids noxious to the environment. Together with some single-component new generation refrigerants, quite a few two-component, three-component or even four-component mixtures, both with zeotropic and azeotropic behaviour, are being considered. The main issues associated with the use of the new generation refrigerants are discussed, such as behaviour with oil; flammability; efficiency use of temperature glides, fractionation and heat transfer degradation with zeotropic mixtures. The full environmentally friendly option of resorting to natural fluids is also considered (hydrocarbons, ammonia, carbon dioxide, water and air).
This document is to be digitised and will be available within 10 working days
* Best rate depending on membership category (see the detailed benefits of individual and corporate memberships).
- Original title: Working fluids for mechanical refrigeration.
- Record ID : 1996-0717
- Languages: English
- Subject: Regulation, General information
- Source: For a Better Quality of Life. 19th International Congress of Refrigeration.
- Publication date: 1995/08/20
- Document available for consultation in the library of the IIR headquarters only.
See other articles from the proceedings (488)
See the conference proceedings
Results of the CIES questionnaire on the use of...
- Author(s) : KOHLS L.
- Date : 1993/02/09
- Languages : English
- Source: CIES Environ. Module 1, Brussels - 6 p.
Use of new refrigerants: the burden of choice.
- Author(s) : OCHSNER E.
- Date : 1992/10
- Languages : German
- Source: Haus Tech - vol. 5 - n. 10
Stratégie qualité pour les installations neuves...
- Author(s) : BERNIER J., TIXIER A.
- Date : 1994/04
- Languages : French
- Source: Rev. gén. Froid - vol. 84 - n. 942
Où en est-on dans l'élimination des CFC ?
- Date : 1993/01
- Languages : French
- Source: La revue pratique du froid et du conditionnement d'air - n. 787
Efeitos de regulamentações globais/locais do R2...
- Author(s) : KÖNIG H.
- Date : 1999/07
- Languages : Portuguese
- Source: Instalador - n. 39-40