The aim of the work was to test two different types of SO2 generators: a) manufacturerd in Turkey; and b) imported from france, on the storage quality and decay of grape cv. Kings Ruby. Grapes were harvested and brought to the laboratory, selected and packed in polyethylene bags. Afterwards 1 sheet of SO2 generating paper was placed, closed and all together they were placed in 3 kg wooden boxes. Grapes were stored at 0 deg C and 85-90 relative humidity and analysed monthly for the following quality parameters: total soluble solids (%), titratable acidity (g tartaric acid/100 millilitre), fruit juice pH, removal force of the berry from the peduncle, weight loss (%), physiological and fungal disorders. According to the authors' results, domestic SO2 generating paper was found effective as the imported one to prevent decay caused by Botrytis cinerea. In addition Kings Ruby grape can be stored in 0 deg C as long as 5 months by using generators.
- Original title: Effect of different SO2 generators on the storability of grape cv. "Kings Ruby".
- Record ID : 1996-1001
- Languages: English
- Source: New Applications of Refrigeration to Fruit and Vegetables Processing.
- Publication date: 1994/06/08
- Document available for consultation in the library of the IIR headquarters only.
See other articles from the proceedings (42)
See the conference proceedings
Características de qualidade da maçã 'Royal Gal...
- Author(s) : LIMA L. C., BRACKMANN A., CHITARRA M. I. F., et al.
- Date : 2002
- Languages : Portuguese
- Source: Ciênc. Agrotecnol. - vol. 26 - n. 2
Physicochemical changes in table grapes c.v. "A...
- Author(s) : PRETEL M. T., MARTÍNEZ J. R., CARREÑO J. C., et al.
- Date : 2000/10/19
- Languages : English
- Formats : PDF
Effects of cultivars and various treatments on ...
- Author(s) : YUN S. D., LEE S. K., KO K. C.
- Date : 1995
- Languages : Korean
- Source: J. korean Soc. hortic. Sci. - vol. 36 - n. 2
Qualité et conservation du raisin de table.
- Author(s) : WESTERCAMP P., CHAPON J. F.
- Date : 1994/06
- Languages : French
- Source: Infos Ctifl - n. 102
La conservation du raisin de table.
- Author(s) : LETEINTURIER J.
- Date : 1998/11/02
- Languages : French