Summary of the proceedings of a round table held on 17 May 1993 in Spain: 1) principles: controlled atmosphere for fruit and vegetables; respiration, transpiration, CO2-ethylene equilibrium; fungicide effect of CO2; the problem of the profitability of controlled atmosphere; 2) technology available in Spain: necessary elements: machine, packaging material, gas mix, food; possibilities of studying gas mixes suitable for special cases (strawberries, mushrooms); catolog of available results; technology of packaging materials; 3) packaging equipment; selection of the packaging material; use of multi-layer films; measurement and control equipment (CO2, O2, ethylene content, temperature); time-temperature tolerance; gas absorbers; 4) research requirements: possibilities of incorporating modifying products in the packaging material itself; liquid absorbers; effect of the modified atmosphere on the physical and chemical properties of the food product, as well as its flavour; the use of lactic bacteria as inhibitors of other micro-organisms; mathematical models for anticipating the equilibrium of modified atmosphere; volume changes of package. J.G.
- Original title: [In Spanish. / En espagnol.]
- Record ID : 1994-3546
- Languages: Spanish
- Source: Aliment., Equipos Tecnol. - vol. 12 - n. 5
- Publication date: 1993/06
- Document available for consultation in the library of the IIR headquarters only.
See the source
The post-harvest treatment of fruit and vegetab...
- Organiser : HRIBAR J., JOHNSON D. S., BOHLING H., PLAZA J. de la, HAFFNER K. E., HÖHN E., SOMOGYI Z.
- Date : 1994/04/19
- Languages : English
Effects of modified atmospheres on textural and...
- Author(s) : EVERSON H. P., WALDRON K. W., GEESON J. D., et al.
- Date : 1992/04
- Languages : English
- Source: Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. - vol. 27 - n. 2
Innovazione nelle tecnologie per la preparazion...
- Author(s) : MASSANTINI R., SALCINI M. C.
- Date : 2003/10
- Languages : Italian
- Source: Rev. Ferment. Ind. aliment. - vol. 42 - n. 429
Investigation of factors affecting the storage ...
- Author(s) : RESNIZKY D., SIVE A., BERKOWITZ A.
- Date : 1993
- Languages : Hebrew
- Source: Alon Hanotea - vol. 47 - n. 9
Innovations in physical modulated treatments fo...
- Author(s) : ARTÉS F.
- Date : 1995/06
- Languages : Spanish
- Source: Rev. esp. Cienc. Tecnol. Aliment. - vol. 35 - n. 3